1. Design an appropriate patient-specific treatment, supportive care, and monitoring plan taking into consideration efficacy and safety outcomes from clinical trials and current treatment guidelines for patients with melanoma or non-melanoma skin cancer.
2. Identify relevant cancer-related molecular biology testing for a patient with melanoma or non-melanoma skin cancer.
3. Determine long-term treatment goals, including post-therapy and survivorship, with a patient with melanoma or non-melanoma skin cancer and his or her caregiver.
4. Select relevant information and guidance for the public regarding melanoma and non-melanoma skin cancer-related issues (e.g., risk factors, prevention, screening).
5. Devise and communicate appropriate plans for preventing, monitoring, and treating adverse reactions associated with the treatment of melanoma and non-melanoma skin cancers, including thyroid level monitoring for chemotherapy agents, immune-mediated toxicities, and toxicity from BRAF inhibitors.