1. Design an appropriate patient-specific treatment, supportive care, and monitoring plan taking into consideration efficacy and safety outcomes from clinical trials and current treatment guidelines for pediatric patients with cancer.
2. Assess the prognostic impact of relevant cancer-related molecular biology testing for a pediatric patient with cancer.
3. Discuss with a pediatric patient who has cancer and his or her caregiver the short‐ and long‐term treatment goals, including post‐therapy and survivorship.
4. Assess the impact of pharmacogenomics on the efficacy and toxicity of relevant anticancer and supportive-care agents for a pediatric patient with cancer.
5. Assess the regulatory, ethical, and patient rights issues related to conducting research, including informed consent and confidentiality.