1. Evaluate oncology pharmacy services for compliance with established regulations and standards.
2. Select quality-improvement activities that enhance the safety and effectiveness of the medication-use processes in oncology patient care.
3. Examine professional practice standards and guidelines for the safe handling and administration of hazardous drugs.
4. Consider national accreditation and federal regulatory requirements for the care of cancer patients receiving chemotherapy or other hazardous drugs.
5. Consider medication reimbursement and patient assistance programs to optimize drug availability for oncology patients.
6. Evaluate resources and develop methods for handling and disposal of hazardous drugs and related materials.
7. Evaluate policies and procedures related to conducting research involving investigational drugs, including drug management in patients with cancer.